Three Cornered Leek Gnocchi
You will need: (serves 4)
1.3 kg Maris Piper potatoes
200g three-cornered leeks (washed and trimmed)
2 whole eggs
250g 00 pasta flour
3 cornered leek flowers
pinch of fresh nutmeg
How to make:
1) Bake the potatoes on a bed of salt at 180c for 90 mins until the potatoes are really soft and cooked through.
2) Meanwhile braise the leeks in a little water with the spinach for 3 minutes. Make sure to season with salt.
3) Once cooked add the spinach and three-cornered leeks to the blender with the eggs and blend into a paste.
4) Once the potatoes are cooked cut in half and push through a potato ricer to remove all skin and keep the potatoes fluffy.
5) Mix the egg and three-cornered leek paste with the flour and potatoes (add a little more flour if too wet) and bring together to form a dough.
6) Roll the dough into long thin pieces and cut into a Gnocchi shape.
7) Cook the Gnocchi in salted boiling water until they float to the surface then transfer to another pan with melted butter and fry for a few minutes. Add a little of the cooking water and a pinch of fresh nutmeg to create a sauce. Put on a plate and grate over with parmesan and sprinkle with three-cornered leek flowers.